All the shops are located in the seven streets downtown. So you see there is no possibility to get lost.
There are several nice shops in Swakop selling souvenirs and art. There is also a very good craft market near the lighthouse, which has a lot of items which are difficult to find elsewhere in Namibia.
- African Art Jewellers: The whole exotic world of african jewellery. Hendrik Witbooi Street in the Hansa Hotel.
- Casa Anin: traditional Nama-embroidery in ultramodern design are the brands for this Jema-workshop. They are selling bed lines, cloths and ceramics. The Arcade, Sam Nujoma Avenue.
- The Muschel (the shell). mixture between a book shop and an art gallery. A center of the namibian Art scene. A visit there will take a while, because the exhibitions are on a high level and the book selections as well. The ery interesting work of the san people is also to mention. Henrik Witbooi Street.
- Peter's Antiques: Rarities of oddball characters. Tobias Hainyeko Street.
- Sibold: firstclass shoes handmade of seal- and kuduskin. New Hewapa Passage, Sam Nujoma Vanue
- Leder Chic(leather boutique for ostrich, kudu and buffalo leather articles), Brauhaus Arcade, (Centre of town in Roonstreet), Tel. +264 64 463979. from 8h00 to 18h00. Luggage and leather retail shop, the finest ostrich and kudu wallets and purses. Modern zebra skin belts, ostrich and kudu leather belts as well as designer handbags in springbok, kudu, nguni, buffalo and ostrich leather.
- Swakopmunder Buchhandlung (Swakopmunder Bookshop): Everything from the world of reading. The traditional business is an inexhaustible treasure trove. Sam Nujoma Avenue.
- Vineta Shopping Mall: The Woermann House, and as former Anklerplatz shopping center, now a new complex and renamed to Vineta Shoppling Mall. A mekka for trotters, souvenir hunters and ethno freaks. In the shops you will find charming and original Karakul carpets, ceramics or jewelry, fancy designer clothes and chic accessories.